Te Linde’s, Chapter 16: Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy & Chapter 17: Robotic Surgery
Instructions: Please complete this brief quiz prior to watching Dr. Doyle's video lecture. This exercise is to help you recall and assess your existing knowledge on the topic, and will not be graded.
1. What is the arcuate line and where is it located?
2. Your patient is undergoing a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Which abdominal wall layers (in
order) will be encountered during trocar placement below the arcuate line?
3. Where is Palmer’s Point?
4. At what angle should an umbilical veres needle or trocar be placed in a non-obese
patient to avoid injury to the underlying vascular structures?
5. What is the major vascular structure most likely to be injured at the time of laparoscopic umbilical trocar placement?
6. What is the last branch of the aorta?
7. What is the origin of the inferior epigastric artery?
8. If you perforate the inferior epigastric artery during trocar placement, how do you get the
bleeding to stop?
9. What is the maximum intra-abdominal insufflation pressure that should be used during
10. Name a contraindication to ICG use.